To celebrate the memory of Rob Blokzijl, Internet pioneer, founder and Chair of RIPE for 25 years, the Rob Blokzijl Foundation is pleased to invite nominations for the 2018 Rob Blokzijl Award.
We will announce the recipient of the award during the RIPE 76 meeting in May 2018. The recipient will be a living person who has made substantial and sustained technical or operational contributions to the development of the Internet in the RIPE NCC service region.
We specifically seek nominations of individuals who, in addition to their own contributions, have also supported and enabled others anywhere in the world.
Nomination and Selection Procedure
Nominations are to be made by the proposer, who may be either the nominee in person or someone else.
Each nomination must include the following material:
- The name and contact details of the nominee and those of the proposer (if different)
- A statement of whether the nominee is aware that the nomination is being made
- A statement, in as much detail as the proposer considers appropriate, setting out how the nominee meets the requirements for the award and a description of the proposer’s relationship to the nominee
- A brief summary (no longer than 79 words) of the nominee’s contributions, suitable for the award document
- A professional biography or curriculum vitae of the nominee
For additional guidance, proposers can refer to the example nomination.
Members of the Award Committee and the Foundation Board may not be nominated.
Nominations must be submitted before 16 March 2018 23:59 UTC.
Nominations should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Award Committee will report to the Foundation Board, indicating the selected awardee, as close to 17 March 2018 as possible
Please help us spread the word by sending this call to anyone who may be interested.
The 2018 Rob Blokzijl Award Committee